Friday, November 9, 2012

HW2: Background of the Survey

BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 
     This research paper is all about superstition. A belief that relates from ignorance and fear.  This is based from the power magic and witchcraft. It provides miracles, magics or supernaturals. But the focus of this research paper is the effect of superstition in a daily lives of Filipinos. In the Philippines there are a lot of superstitions. It creates beliefs that misfortune will always happen if it will not be followed. Some of the superstitions in the Philippines are like, when someone sits on the book, that person become stupid or dumps. Another one is when a person sleeps with wet hair, that person may go blind or may go crazy. In spite of difficulties, many people till believe in superstitions. And it is really connected to the religion, Being superstitious person, it helps it to hide their mistakes by blaming luck which according to one person that only God can control it.
         In this research paper, which is all about superstition. The information that I'm already gathered was not yet detailed, and to overcome this problem the only thing that I can do is to conduct a survey. Like asking particular questions that many people can answer. Because of this survey, it can help me to answer the main statement of the problem. Through survey I will know their answer. I can ask a question to a people who knows better than me like experts, professors or even psychologist. One of the question on this survey is - how many Percent of the Filipinos is still believe in superstition?. As a writer of this paper, I want know the effects of this to the daily lives of Filipinos. But not also that ,but rather to other country which have their superstition. The are the questions that can help me to solve my statement of the problem like what superstition those Filipinos believe most.This survey question can help me to know what superstition here in our country those Filipinos  believe most. Another one is What is the benefit of superstition? This question can benefit me because it can helps me a lot especially to my statement of the problem. And lastly,  Who is the most beneficial in this research? From this,  I can use it to know how the people can help this superstition and the person who most benefit with it.
      As writer of this research paper, I expect 3 things for this. First is, to persuade people to benefit this research. Second, that many people can learn and know what are superstition for them. And lastly, to help them to become more curious about the superstitious belief here in our country.  All I want is to finish this research paper with and answer to this question: What are the effects of superstition in the daily lives of Filipinos?.

1 comment: