Thursday, October 4, 2012

SUPERSTITION - CAN CAUSE DEATH!


        Do you think that superstition can cause death? Why does people believe on it? What are their reasons behind that? This are some questions that bother us about superstitious belief. In my self opinion, I will say that sometimes I believe in this kind of superstition, like what we call Friday the 13th. I know many people also believe on this and I am one of that. They believe in Friday the 13th because it says that it brings bud luck and it is not a lucky day. But this superstition is only my opinion and it depends on other people if they want to believe on it or not. 

     When I was browsing the net, I red an article entitled "Death on Superstition" by Stephanie Lechniak-Cumerlato. When I first red the title I become curious about this so I chose it to become my article. On her article "there was a fatal road accident happened at South Africa, where ten times as many as death in US". She said that this is because of drivers supernatural beliefs that result from witchcraft. She also said in her articles that more superstition the driver, the more accidents he had.   

                                                                  Fatal Road Accident


                                                                   Witchcraft Symbol


      In my own opinion, this kind of superstition is not really good for us. I know it exist in our country because of culturally based, and maybe it have been passed down to you from your family. But we have no choice but to overcome with it. We all know that other people believes on it, and because of their believing it can cause their to risk. We have many things to be done to prevent this superstition like we must have faith in God.We must always believe in him so that he always there for us what ever happens.

      As a conclusion, the only thing that we can do is to pray and also to believe not to superstition but to our savior Jesus Chris. Because when we continue believing in this kind of superstition especially bad superstition, we don't know what will happen to us. There's nothing wrong if we believe on superstition or not. And for me it is good to believe in Real luck superstition rather than bad superstition.

       After I red my article, these are the following questions that comes in to my mind:
1. Why people believe in superstition?

2. Why people died in superstition?
3. What are other example of superstition that can cause death?
4. What  people can be done to prevent this bad superstition?
  For me this is not easy to answer unless I can find more articles about superstition. I can use other websites that are related to superstition so that I can see to find out all the answers to that questions.

1 comment: